Please be advised a series of phishing emails have been sent to some users. The message appears come from email@example.com and has the subject line “IT Support.” The message contains the following text:
All Staffs and Students are expected to migrate to the New 2017 Microsoft Outlook Web portal to access the below, click here to migrate:
· Access the new staff directory
· Access your pay slips and P60s
· Update your ID photo
· E-mail and Calendar Flexibility
· Connect mobile number to e-mail for voicemail
Important notice: All staffs and students are expected to migrate within 24 hours to avoid delay on mail delivery.
On behalf of IT Support. This is a group email account and it’s been monitored 24/7, therefore, please do not ignore this notification, because it’s very compulsory.
- If you believe you have received this phishing message, please do the following:
Do not respond to the message.
- Do not click any links.
- Do not provide any information such as username and password.
- Do not open any attachments.
- If you did respond to the email, provided confidential information, or opened an attachment, please contact Fordham IT Customer Care ASAP at (718) 817-3999 for instructions on how to manually reset your password.
- Delete the message.
Clicking the link brings the user to a fraudulent page where they are asked to put in their credentials to “migrate” to a new mail service.
Please note: Fordham IT will NEVER ask you for your username and password or ask you to click any links to validate or verify your account or password. If you receive questionable or suspicious emails, contact IT Customer Care and allow the University Information Security Office (UISO) to validate the legitimacy of these emails.
Further information about phishing scams and other IT security topics are available on our IT Security website at: www.fordham.edu/SecureIT or from our blog at secureit.fordham.edu.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact IT Customer Care at (718) 817-3999 or via email to: HelpIT@fordham.edu.