- Keep an eye on the activity on all of your accounts.
- Review your bank statement and make sure there haven’t been any purchase or debits you don’t recognize.
- Check your trash in your email accounts, hackers will delete login notifications, but not all of them think to empty the trash as well.
- Have amazon or something similar? Check your order history and make sure there isn’t anything there you didn’t order.
- Social media? Check your DM’s and make sure there aren’t any messages there you haven’t sent.
- Go into your settings and check that things are still as you set them up.
- Verify security questions are the same.
- If there is a recovery email that it is the one you use.
- If you get spam emails, flag them so your email provider can update their information and to keep your mail box clean.
Detailed information regarding Identity Theft scams and other IT security topics are available on our IT Security website at: www.fordham.edu/SecureIT or from our blog at fordhamsecureit.blogspot.com
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact IT Customer Care at (718) 817-3999 or via email to: HelpIT@fordham.edu.